Wednesday 14 August 2013

I got tagged! - my 10 favourite movies...

So, I got tagged by Miss Jane Bennet over at Classic Ramblings and I think this involves me writing down my 10 favourite movies (I'm actually not sure I have 10, but we'll see as I go along) and why I like them... should be fun :)

Apparently there are some rules, so here they are: 
1. List favourite movies (in no particular order)
2. Post James Movie Tribute Video somewhere on your blog 


3. Tag other blogs (optional)

1. NOTTING HILL: Oh my goodness, this film. It's romantic, funny, and has the line "happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat", which I think speaks for itself...


2. TANGLED: Flynn Ryder, dreams and great songs. This film is pretty much as perfect as any film could get. And I'm probably not as ashamed as I should be to admit that I have a pretty big crush on a cartoon character (all I'm saying is at least this one is human, and I stand by the fact that Simba is an attractive lion) moving very swiftly on...


3. LES MISERABLES: Of course this one has to be a favourite. It makes me cry EVERY time at the finale, and it brought Les Mis to a wider audience, which is nice.


4. THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (25th ANNIVERSARY): does this one count as a film? I don't much care, I'm going to include it anyway because I adore it. Hadley Fraser, marry me?


5. Too many Disney films to mention: mainly TARZAN, THE LION KING and BEAUTY & THE BEAST, but pretty much most of them. It's actually quite embarrassing how much I love Disney movies, but there's something about the classics and the songs that will never get old - everyone loves a bit of nostalgia, after all... and if I ever have kids, they will watch these films, even if they don't like them.


6. FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS: Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis together in one film? It was bound to be great anyway, but then they just made it hilarious too, at the same time as being unbelievably cute. Definitely a feel good film...


7. 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU: Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt just make this film. And the "Can't take my eyes off of you" scene is perfect.


8. THE HOLIDAY: Just saying Jude Law is probably enough explanation for this one.


9. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE: Every Christmas this film can be found on in my house -  not because it's a family tradition, most of the time it's just me sat in front of the TV with my duvet and a big bar of chocolate, but I've made it my own tradition, because it's lovely. 


10. THE LEGEND OF BAGGER VANCE: The spiritual hippie in me loves this film. A movie about golf really isn't that appealing on the face of it, but really it's about life. And it has Will Smith spouting life lessons, which I wouldn't miss for the world :)


And the person I'm going to tag is Jess :) Happy Wednesday!!

8 comments:

  1. Good movie choices : ) I love Les Miserables and Phantom of The Opera too! (thanks for following)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and following! :)

      Delete
  2. You just gave me some good movie ideas for next movie night...great choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah yours gave me some good ideas too! I think it's definitely time I dragged my period drama collection out again :) thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I saw most of 'Tangled' on Christmas Day and loved it so much I immediately ordered the DVD to watch the rest. It's absolute genius, and that little chameleon is surely the most loveable sidekick since... um... maybe Flit, the cute little grumpy hummingbird in Pocahontas? Yeah, let's go with that. I'm definitely finding me a copy of the 25th anniversary PotO thanks to you, and I LOVE THE HOLIDAY. Jude Law working in publishing? Kate Winslet's beautiful little cottage filled with books? It's just perfect! *pops off to add 'Friends with Benefits' to her must-see movie list*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! :) and yeah I totally agree, Tangled is hilarious and so clever, definitely the best film to come out of Disney for years... The Holiday is also so, so good, I love that the characters are so bookish and relatable, it just makes it so much better! :) I hope you like Phantom, it's such a good cast I don't even know what to do with myself :L Thanks again for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for taking part in my tag and posting my video! :)
    Great choice with "It's a Wonderful Life," easily one of the best Christmas movies ever made and James Stewart is excellent in it.
    By the way, I forgot to mention in my tag that after a few weeks I am going to make a post linking to everyone's lists. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and following! :) And yeah totally agree about 'It's a wonderful life', such a good film :) I'll definitely check out your post as well!

      Delete